Sunday, January 9, 2011

French Macarons






It's been snowing since yesterday, and there are several inches of lovely, untainted, white snow covering the area. Though, it is terribly windy. Not that I am effected, since 95% percent of my weekend has been spent indoors; wearing heaps of sweaters, drinking tea, reading books and studying for exams. I've become quite the hermit, I must say. Anyways, in-between reading Lolita and drawing Heart Diagrams I took the time to make these absolutely wonderful French Macarons - they are impossible to find in stores around here. So, I took it upon myself to rectify the lack of French delicacies in my life by making these delicate sugar-infused sweets. They turned out surprisingly well, though I had to repeat the egg step due to my disastrous overmixing, and I am certainly planning to make many, many more.

The recipe I used is here - it was simple and the list of variations was quite handy. I used the chocolate ganache filling alongside the normal shell recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment