Monday, November 21, 2011

A Year



I have become a rather lack-luster blogger, have I not? My absenteeism is not entirely unwarranted; at some point, one must actively live life rather than observe it.

School is doing my head in. Drinking is depleting my bank account. I am living on coffee and advil. 

This is simply not ideal. I am slowly beginning to find the thought of going out to clubs on weekends repulsive. There is nothing I want more than to wake up on Saturday morning clear-headed and ready to face the day.

I want to read books and drink tea again. I want to eat in bistros and drink in cafes. 

All of this - the drinking, the smoking, the sleepiness - is making me feel terribly average. I look back on my younger self, wishing desperately to be that tireless girl with straight A's.

She was impeccable. She was above average. She was worthwhile. 



No comments:

Post a Comment