Friday, March 11, 2011

Ways to Drown



This week was possibly the most tiring in a while. I spent too much time watching movies or reading to take the time to sleep, which, apparently, has made me feel the need to smother myself with my scarf. C'est la vie - I slept for 12 hours last night, rather than watching the Joy Division biopic Control, like I had planned. Starbucks - my go-to lunch stop - just introduced their new, minimalist cups and treats. The cakepops are to die for - that's a complete exaggeration, I would not suggest dying for them, but they are really good. So I had the most adorable lunch ever, a strawberries and cream frappachino with a pink cakepop. Not nutritious, but it was certainly lovely.

Afterwards, my friends and I went to the book store; I bought the NME and a collection of Syliva Plath poetry. Best 20 dollars I've spent in a while, I would say. I've been reading Plath (she's already one of my favorite poets) nonstop since, and have completely, rather than partially, fallen in love with her work. Epitaph in 3 parts, Black Rook In Rainy Weather and Spinster are my new favorites. The more Plath poetry I read, the more apparent her love for Dylan Thomas is, you can see his influence in the lyricism of her poems.

Anyways; chili is on the stove, SLC punk is playing on my TV and I am craving a cup of tea.

Au Revoir



No comments:

Post a Comment