Friday, June 10, 2011


Because I am a complete loser - secretly of course - this is what I do when I am home alone. Unlike most 'normal' teenagers you see on television, because they are entirely realistic, I sit at home, drink tea and read poetry when no one else is around. Is that odd? Oh well, oddities are undoubtedly something to be enjoyed, if I was nearly as mundane as the people I've gone to school with I might as well not bother existing. There is nothing appealing about spending every weekend soaked in my own vomit in a friends basement.

So, I've bought a new mug which speaks eternal truths and also holds my steaming cups of tea. It's an ideal combination. I got it a one of those we-have-every-sort-of-junk-you-could-imagine stores, and on the shelf along with the other cheesy mugs was a William and Kate commemorative wedding cup. I wanted the damn thing so much, it was the worst mug there, by far I would say, and to own it would have been ironic in the best way. But, it was $10 and there was no way I was paying that much for a good dose of irony.




No comments:

Post a Comment