Sunday, June 12, 2011




I am tired of people staring at me from their cars.

I've been taking the bus a lot lately, that mean doing quite a bit of walking. Now, I love to walk places, but in the suburbs that is, apparently, not what people do. They just don't (unless you're the cute boy walking your dog, who sniffs my dog for a good minute, but who chooses not to say hi). So, whenever I use the sidewalks in my neighborhood, I get one of three looks:

1) Well, you look awfully dressed up, you tart
2) Oh, hey there honey.
3) People still walk?!?!?!?!???

Honestly, it's getting a little annoying. And, I can deal with the questioning 'people still walk' looks, but I am getting really sick of the creepy (usually middle aged) men undressing me with their eyes from their cars. It's disgusting, and I would really like to be able to walk through my neighborhood without being assaulted from a distance. Personally, I find this disturbing, especially in the year 2011. Why should I have to feel as though I have been put on some sort of twisted display every time I walk down the street. It's terribly exhausting, and this is the exact reason why we need a SultWalk here, to stop this behavior. But, instead it's been cancelled. It was really upsetting, since I was looking forward to going, but apparently there were problems with planning it.

Anyways, aside from my little rant, I woke up in a ray of sunshine, made a cake, took some photos, saw some great improv and got a free drink at starbucks. So, aside from being whistled at from a car driving past, it was a pretty great day.

Au Revoir



No comments:

Post a Comment