Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tous les garçons et les filles



Spring has sprung - for now at least. It's gone between a curious mixture of rain and hail to perfectly bright sunny skies this week, without much warning in between. I cannot fathom what merciful deity would have decided this was the proper way for weather to behave. Anyways, it's spring and I've just been reading The Innocent Libertine so - mostly on account of the sweet summery scenes described in part one, plums and the French country side have captured my fancy - I've been compelled to spend unholy amounts of time roaming about the neighborhood.





My sister (she-faded-young.tumblr.com)and I are practically identical. Most people confuse us for each other, so it doesn't help that we are together most of the time or that almost all our clothing is communal. I think it must be similar to how the Lisbon sister's felt, no one ever being able to differentiate them along with their spending all their time with one another - but probably a little less torturous. So, I've taken photos of my sister, in her floral H&M dress, but, for people we are not on the best of terms with, it might as well be me. I have been attempting to layer my photos - as below - to achieve a hazy, pink/purple vintage feel; I don't think I quite have it yet... Ideally, I want my photos to look like old French new wave films - pretty and grainy - because I am entirely inspired by everything France 1960. In my perfect world, life would look exactly like Tous les garçons et les filles constantly and without fail. That would be lovely.








No comments:

Post a Comment